Georgia’s Own Credit Union’s $15,000 Scholarship Giveaway!
It’s that time of year again! That’s right, we’re giving away $15,000 in scholarships to EIGHT lucky winners in 2014. At Georgia’s Own Credit Union, we believe in helping our members achieve their goals, and we are especially proud to help you, our young adult members, who are just starting out financially. That’s why Georgia’s Own is honored to award eight scholarships to students who epitomize the Credit Union’s “People Helping People” philosophy.
The top recipient will receive a $5000 scholarship for the 2014-2015 academic year. We will also be awarding a $3000 and $2000 scholarship to second and third-place recipients, respectively. Additionally, we will award five deserving runner-ups $1000 each. Georgia’s Own Credit Union scholarships are awarded to students who demonstrate good financial habits, a commitment to their community and a commendable academic record.
Guidelines for Scholarship Consideration:
- The applicant must be a Georgia’s Own Credit Union i[x]member, 25 years of age or younger
- The applicant must be enrolled or anticipate enrollment in 2014/2015, in an accredited institution.
- The applicant must write a 500-word essay, outlining goals, aspirations, college and career plans. The essay should also include ways in which the applicant manages his or her finances effectively.
- The applicant must be attending or have graduated from an accredited high school and provide transcripts for current and previous years.
- Written recommendations from two present or former instructors and/or employers, dated within the last three months, are required.
- An outline of community and/or extracurricular involvement, including dates of involvement, must be included with the essay.
- Applicants that meet all of the above requirements will be eligible for scholarship entry.
(1st Place Recipient: $5000 College Scholarship; 2nd Place Recipient: $3000 College Scholarship; 3rd Place Recipient: $2000 College Scholarship, Five (5) Runner-ups: $1000 each)
All applications should be postmarked by May 23, 2014 and sent to:
Georgia’s Own Scholarship Fund
P.O. Box 105205
Atlanta, GA 30348
Officers, Directors, Supervisory Committee Members, Employees, Vendors, Agents, Successors and Assignments of Georgia’s Own Credit Union and immediate family members (defined as spouse, mother, father, in-laws, grandmother, grandfather, brother, sister, children, and grandchildren) are not eligible to win above-mentioned scholarships. Entries will be judged by a third-party panel of experts.